Sametime consulting help users who have a disability, such as restricted mobility or limited vision, to use information technology products successfully. IBM strives to provide products with usable access for everyone, regardless of age or ability. Accessibility features
The IBM Sametime System Console is based on the IBM WebSphere® Application Server Integrated Solutions Console, and shares the same accessibility features, described below.
Note: For the best accessible experience, use the latest versions of both the screen reader and browser. v The following features are for vision-impaired users:
– Can be operated by using only the keyboard – Communicates all information independent of color
– Supports interfaces commonly used by screen readers and screen magnifiers
– Supports the attachment of alternate output devices
– Provides help information in an accessible format
– Supports high contrast using a white background (some icons may not display properly on a colored background) Attention: If you modify the level of contrast, you must restart the Sametime client for the change to take effect. When a Sametime web browser user chooses to share the screen, the user is prompted with three options: to share the entire screen, part of the screen, or a particular application. For this prompt to be accessible to a screen reader, the user must install the Java access bridge. For installation instructions, see the Oracle web site at the following web address: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/tech/index-jsp-136191.html v The following features are for users who have mobility impairments or limited use of their hands:
– Allows the users to request more time to complete timed responses
– Can be operated by using only the keyboard – Supports the attachment of alternative input and output devices v The following features are for the deaf and hard of hearing users:
– Supports alternatives to audio information
– Supports adjustable volume control v The console does not flash the screen at rates that could induce epileptic seizures
The help system for the Integrated Solutions Console has the following accessibility features: v Uses the accessibility support enabled by the browser that is used to display the help v Enables navigation by using the keyboard.
To move through the controls on a particular page, use the Tab key.
To click a link or control on a page using the keyboard, navigate to the link or control and press Enter.
To make a selection in a checkbox, use the Space key.
To change the navigation view using the keyboard, follow these steps. 1. Navigate to the View selection list pressing Tab. 2. Use the up and down arrows to change the value of the selection list. 3. Press Enter. The tasks displayed in the navigation are changed according to your selection. Related accessibility information
When you administer WebSphere Application Server settings, you work in the Integrated Solutions Console. Detailed information on console accessibility is provided in the WebSphere Application Server information center. IBM and accessibility
See the IBM Human Ability and Accessibility Center for more information about the commitment that IBM has to accessibility